LabWeek23 (opens new window) is back! Last year, more than 1,500 builders gathered in Lisbon, Portugal, for the first-ever decentralized conference organized by the Protocol Labs Network. Focused on shaping the future of the internet, LabWeek23 will bring the community together again November 13-17, 2023 in Istanbul, Turkey, alongside Devconnect (opens new window). Get ready for a packed program that will cover ZK Proofs, decentralized storage, AI and blockchain, compute over data, decentralized identity, cryptoeconomics, DeSci, and much more.
Where: Istanbul, Turkey at Swissotel Bosphorus Hotel (opens new window) alongside Devconnect
When: November 13-17, 2023
What: Decentralized conference for builders, innovators, technology leaders and members of the Protocol Labs Network to gather, collaborate and drive breakthroughs in computing
Learn more: https://23.labweek.io/ (opens new window)
# LabWeek: A Decentralized Conference
LabWeek23 is a week of events for the Protocol Labs Network and community to connect in person to share progress on projects and research, exchange knowledge and make in-depth connections. The decentralized format is a proven way for PLN teams to host varied events, and for attendees to have the freedom to choose their own adventure. These include curated events, research-focused seminars, engineering workshops, summits, unconferences, happy hours, and more.
Each event will be organized by leading experts in the domain and will bring together other experts and specialists to create active and in-depth discussions. The goal is to make real progress and advancement in each of the domains covered by the events at LabWeek23 and drive innovation and breakthroughs in computing. We encourage domain experts to host an event or register to speak.
# A Look Back at LabWeek22
Last year, we hosted more than 40 events and more than 100 speakers, including technology leaders, founders, and engineering visionaries. Among them were:
- Juan Benet (opens new window), founder and CEO of Protocol Labs
- Nick Bostrom (opens new window), professor of philosophy at Oxford University known for his research on AI governance and safety
- Rand Hindi (opens new window), co-founder of Zama (opens new window), an open source homomorphic encryption framework for Web2 and Web3 applications
- Jay Graber (opens new window), CEO of Bluesky (opens new window), the upstart decentralized social media platform;
- Max Tegmark (opens new window), an MIT physics professor and director of the Future of Life Institute (opens new window) focused on physics and machine learning.
- Allison Duettmann (opens new window), president and CEO of the Foresight Institute that specializes in neurotech and longevity
- Chhi'mèd Künzang (opens new window), co-founder of Lurk Lab (opens new window), a Turing-complete programming language for recursive zk-SNARKs
- Brooklyn Zelenka (opens new window) and Boris Mann (opens new window), co-founders of Fission (opens new window), focused on building open source protocols to build interoperable networks together
- Swaroop Hegde (opens new window), founder of Powerloom (opens new window), a decentralized network that can serve customized insights and information on Web3 data
- Molly Mackinlay (opens new window), Lead of Starfleet (opens new window), the research, development and talent management arm servicing the Protocol Labs Network
- Jaya Brekke (opens new window), CSO at Nym Technologies (opens new window), a decentralized privacy system combining a mixnet with a blockchain node reputation and reward system
- Jonathan Dotan (opens new window), co-founder of Starling Lab (opens new window) building decentralized web protocols to establish trust in sensitive digital records
LabWeek23 will provide an equally exciting and comprehensive schedule.
# The Historic City of Istanbul
LabWeek23 will take place in Istanbul, the vibrant city straddling Europe and Asia and steeped in history and culture. Istanbul is also a thriving hub for crypto and Web3 communities. Engage in stimulating discussions, workshops and unique opportunities to connect during the day, with plenty of time to explore the traditional bazaars and the sights along the Bosphorus River. Visit our website (opens new window) and sign up for exclusive updates.
We can't wait to welcome you to LabWeek23 (opens new window) in Istanbul! Watch this recap of last year’s event to get a taste of what to expect: